This deck build project was for a local Ormeau resident who wanted to extend and expand their alfresco space off the rear of their home. Part one of a two part extension which will run to meet the pool and join their home, alfresco and pool zones together seamlessly.
This wrap around alfresco patio was built with 140mm wide board Merbau, fully screw fixed for longevity.
Another pool void construction cover – Upper Kedron for Narellan Pools and Metricon Homes.
Other popular new estates and suburbs we often service include:
- Upper Kedron
- Springfield Lakes
- Rochedale Estates
- Gainsborough Greens
- Ormeau Ridge Estate
- Coomera / Upper Coomera
- Calypso Bay
- Highland Reserve
- Riverstone Crossing
- Augustine Heights
This 80sqm deck was built using composite decking, screw fixed to create a designer look in the alfresco. The tone selected adds warmth to the yard and compliments the rich colours of the pool water and garden perfectly.
The composite deck is not slippery when wet unlike tiles which can be hazardous. Fade resistant and no need to ever stain or oil. Maintenance free just like the rest of this beautiful property and well worth the investment.
Another high end project completed in the Ormeau Ridge Estate – Ormeau (Northern Gold Coast).
We had the pleasure of extending the living space of this residential home located in Palm Beach on the Gold Coast (QLD). The extension ran over an existing tile and concrete alfresco patio and ran down the side of the house under the clothes line area. We also built in a short ramp to accommodate the kiddie bikes and trikes.
This deck build consisted of Merbau 140mm wide timber and was screwed down for a neat finish that won’t have any complications down the track.
It was an absolute joy to work on this twin deck project for Mike and Leticia McHutchison at Palm Beach QLD. This job included timber pool coping that drops to the waters edge around the pool as well as a separate entertaining area with built in bench seat. Merbau timber was used throughout.
This project following the installation of their L&V Pool has transformed their backyard into the perfect entertaining zone ideal for Queensland living.
Recently the demand for pool covers during house builds has increased due to OH&S requirements from builders. The safety of their workers, especially at a height above a pool shell is paramount and a hard cover over the void is required.
Common information we require in order to quote for a pool cover includes:
- Size of your pool – width and length
- Type of pool – concrete or fibreglass
- Your location – Sorry, we do only service Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast and Tweed Coast – while we have quite a lot of requests to service Sydney it is a little too far away for our liking!
- Duration of hire – standard hire allowance is up to 6 months – we can extend hire period for a reasonable cost if required, some builds run to the 3-4 month mark whilst others can span over 12 months.
- Does the pool temporary fencing need to come off during the construction period? – In some instances builders have requested the pool cover meets void protection and pool safety requirements due to narrow or tight work sites.
- Does your builder require a Form 15? – If you are building with companies like Metricon, Plantation and Clarendon Homes you will need a Form 15 to go with your pool cover. Check with your builder to see if you require this aspect as well. While all of our pool void covers meet form 15 compliance some builders need the certification paperwork to go with it.
- When do you need the cover installed? We require a minimum of 2 days notice to book installation. Quite often covers are a last minute thought and request from builders and can hold up house construction until it is installed. We appreciate time is of the essence and aim to install as quickly as possible.
Our pool covers not only meet OH&S requirements but they also protect your investment once your pool is installed.
To request a quote please contact Leigh on 0450 929 591 or email email@example.com.
Protect your pool investment during building construction with our Pool Construction Covers
Depending on the size of the building block sometimes the pool must be installed prior to house construction commencing. When it comes to fibreglass pools this also means the pool must be immediately filled with water in order to settle and hold the shell to the ground.
Due to hazards and risks both to construction workers on site as well as your new pool, a higher level of protection may be required.
Pool construction covers can be great peace of mind knowing your new pool investment is protected from site debris, construction rubbish, excessive dust, evaporation and direct sunshine which can quickly turn stagnant water green. Suitable for concrete and fibreglass pools.
In some instances the builder may insist on a construction pool cover to close the void and protect from falls and drowning hazards (this is in addition to the temporary pool fence). New home construction can be stopped until these measures are in place. To avoid delay it is important to book this installation to immediately follow pool installation.
For an additional charge we can also adapt Pool Construction Covers to be used without temporary pool fencing (if your builder will allow it).
Install, 6 month hire period* and removal
Contact us for pricing.
IMPORTANT: Our pool construction covers are NOT designed to be a working platform or to hold weight. They are designed to protect the pool and to meet building company OH&S requirements for hazard protection from falls and drowning. If you require a working platform please let us know so we can adjust the structure to become load bearing.
We recently had a request to renovate and expand a deck for a Harry and his wife, Lisa, in Logan Village QLD as they prepared their property for sale.
This project had a degree of difficulty due to the remains of an old deck that had taken a unique angle off the back alfresco and out towards the pool area.
In order to ensure the new addition would run on seamlessly we stripped the old decking panels off, utilised the existing joists and bearers and then extended the frame to surround the entire pool and finished up with new merbau timber deck panels.
As the project unrolled they decided to add handrails and a second set of stair access so they could walk to the lower yard level rather than just into the house.
Budget plays a vital role in all Deck Solutions projects and we adapted inclusions and used as much of the existing materials as possible to develop a cost effective solution they were very happy with.
Of course, our conditions on-site on this project were second to none with icy cold beverages delivered often. We felt a bit spoiled and are thrilled that Harry and Lisa are so happy with the final project.
Project timeline: 2 weeks
Asking how much a deck will cost to build is a common question and one that has many variables attached to arrive at an accurate cost. Pricing varies based on the style and inclusions you want and it will also alter based on location. This price guide is based on South East Queensland parts and materials as well as labour costs. Pricing may vary in other parts of Queensland and across Australia.
Things that can vary price are based on the type of deck you want. Here are a few elements you will need to consider:
- What material will you build your deck out of – treated pine, hardwood (merbau, ironbark, blackbutt etc) or composite decking (Ecodeck, Modwood)
- Where is your deck going to be positioned? Is it low to the ground, slightly elevated with a few steps for access or fully elevated with a staircase taking you to a second story?
- Do you want to include features such as enclosed deck screening or edging? Stairs? Staircase? Planter boxes? Feature bench seating? Privacy screen panels? Feature edging? Handrails?
For a standard deck that is made from Merbau, low or slightly raised from the ground you can get a rough price by measuring the space you want to deck and multiply the width by the height. This will give you a total square metre tally and cost per square metre can be based on $250-$290 per m2.
10m long alfresco deck span x 3m wide (or deep) alfresco deck span = 30 m2
30 x $250 = $7,500
30 x $290 = $8,700
This estimated cost includes merbau hardwood decking panels, joists, bearers, materials used to build and fasten, labour, QBCC insurance coverage. Higher end pricing can also include handrails and balustrades.
A typical timeline on this type of job would fall between 1 and 2 weeks depending on site access, material availability and weather conditions.
Clients often choose to adjust building material quality to help fall into their chosen budget as well as adding handrails, stair access and often feature elements for entertaining purposes.
To gain an exact price and quote and a full list of job inclusions or options contact Deck Solutions Gold Coast. Obligation free quotes are just part of our friendly and reliable service.